Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sibling rivalry

Ever felt jealous of your sibling/s every time they accomplish or get hold of something that you can’t get?? Well join the club.

I know siblings need to be happy for each other and I do for certain things but it’s sometimes hard to ….why I don’t know it has always been a mystery to me ?

Hypothetically in families, the younger child gets more attention in the family and oldest child gets da same attention more but in different quantity But, what about the middle child? Hello??? We are not invisible??? Or do we want to be?

I was born with two brothers younger and older, and to make it better or should I say wonderful my mom adores boys (she said it herself) so unconsciously they get more attention than I do, and consciously I get left out.

They always got what they wanted, and they achieved things that I want to achieve to but sadly I couldn't’t (I tried you know). Academically I was horrendous, I was intermediate when it came to education but surprisingly both my brothers have been too fantastic!!! both academically and socially, damn I was sooo effing pissed!

So both my parents gave more attention to them as they had more potential of becoming successful person, they did not tell me this but I could sense it that their attention was fully on my brothers and not me and when that happen it blinds them from my capabilities for instance I was a better swimmer than my younger brother, and I wanted to learn it and proved that I wanted to but I have x idea WHY did my dad get my brother a swimming instructor ( personal) to teach my brother 2 swim which he was clearly not interested in ? he wasted hundreds of dollars on him when I would have grabbed that opportunity to learn swimming.


Things like this did not happen once or twice but many-many times I had to fight for my parents attention, which I fail most of the time...i still don’t get it, I listen to whatever they say I don’t go against their wishes but yet they don’t see me that way ?

I guess I’m tired of fighting for their attention, I gave up, this whole thing wasn’t so bad after all
I manage to become more responsible. I came to k.l alone did things I never thought I could do on my own, so altogether I can survive on my own and I’m glad I came to my senses =)

I still love my family, n my brothers...I can never ever hate them no matter what

No comments:

Post a Comment